1. Hi Sarakirstine. Congratulations on becoming November Diva. Tell us more about yourself?
My name is Sara Kirstine, the founder of the lifestyle blog sarakirstine.com.
I’m currently living in Aarhus, Denmark where I'm studying. I used to live in Barcelona where my boyfriend is still living, so I’m often traveling to Barcelona. I love to travel and explore new places, and I feel very privileged that I’m able to travel as much as I do. I believe that there’s always new places to explore whether it is on the other side of the world or in your home country.
I have a great passion for fashion – I’d say my style is simple but always with a twist. I’ve always loved to express myself through my clothes and always got complements for my outfits. So I felt very encouraged to create a lifestyle blog that combined the things that I love, fashion and traveling. I guess my blog is my great hobby at the moment!
2. Thanks for that, Sara. Always a ladies' dream to do 3 things: Travel, Fashion and Blog. You are a lucky one to have all 3! Should we do a shout out to 5 friends to let them know you made it here! (P.S: Of course, to get them to follow us on Instagram!)
It’s difficult for me to choose only five persons, since when I’m with friends we’re often a group of 4-5 persons together at once, and I’m so lucky that I have several of these groups of friends. But some very important people in my life (besides my parents of course), that knows of the weirdest parts of me but still are here by my side, haha, would be:
- Anders, my boyfriend – whom I loved to the moon and back. He is my solid rock in life, so supportive with everything that I do, and such an inspiration to me.
- Maja, my older sister – with only two years in between us, I grew up with a sister who was also my best friend. (Instagram: Majanicolaisen)
- Sofie, whom I’ve only known a little more than a year now, but I’ve grown so close with (Instagram: Sofiekristoffersen)
- Yuna, one of my Barcelona friends, whom I can share my dreams with and be completely honest with. (Instagram: Atableforyu)
- Josephine, my childhood friend – whom I’ve known since I was six years old. (Instagram: Hallstrom93)
3. Important to have close friends that you can depend on! Tell us now, what is your ambition in life?
My biggest ambition in life is to always be happy with what I’m doing. My blog, fashion, traveling, taking pictures, makes me very happy at the moment, and I’m hoping to be able to make a living from it when I’m done with my studies. I’m hoping to be able to inspire and encourage other people.
4. What should every woman try at least once in her life?
I think every woman (and man for that matter) should try to travel alone at least once in her life. You learn so much about yourself, when you suddenly find yourself without your friends, boyfriend, family around to talk to and to help you. And then you really get to develop as a person! I moved to Barcelona when I was 20 years old, without knowing anyone there, and it was the best experience I’ve ever had. – I’m not saying you have to move, but just a weekend away to another city can do a lot.
5. What brings you the greatest satisfaction?
My friends and family for sure. They are so important to me, so to see them happy makes me happy!
6. What is your fashion style and beauty secret?
I’ve got several fashion tips for you, haha! But the most important, that works for me, must be 'Keep it simple but don’t be boring!' As a Scandinavian I like a minimalistic style, but don’t be all grey and black and boring. Use surprising details, colours, hats, etc. Another is to 'Keep everything you’ve ever bought’ since it will probably come back in style again, but only if it’s not worn-out of course. This leads me to a third tips, ’go for quality!’ You can easily spot when something is of good quality and nicely made, and it lasts way longer.
My beauty secret is only to wash my hair once a week! Your hair naturally produces the oils that it needs, but when washing your hair with shampoo you’re disturbing the natural balance of oils, as shampoo takes away the natural oils, which makes the hair produce even more to replace the lost oils. The result is often greasy hair.
7. What quote do you live by?
Smile to the world and the world will smile back at you. I think it’s so important to be respectful towards each other and try to understand and not to judge other people even though they are living life in a different way than yourself. We are all different and there is no ’right way’ to live life or to do things.
Nowadays there’s so many quotes on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. But a few weeks ago I read a quote that really stuck with me and motivated me to keep working hard for my dreams "If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs”.
8. Glass half empty or glass half full. Why?
Always half full! I do my best to be positive at all times! There’s a lot of negative things in this world that are always pointed out, but in comparison there’s even more positive things. And keeping your focus on all the positive things makes life is so much easier, more inspiring, and just more fun!
9. What does Diva mean to you?
For me, a diva is a woman who has her shit together (sorry for the language!). She is confident and filled with courage. A person who is doing and dressing exactly the way she wants, because she doesn’t care what other think about her, since she knows she is doing it right. It’s a confident attitude, however I’m afraid a diva is often mistaken with a woman with a stuck-up attitude.
10. What is your favourite item on Dress The Diva and why?
The ‘Diva Infinity Cross Silver Necklace’. Very simple and clean which I, as a typical Scandinavian, adore. The necklace goes well with so many things, especially v-necks since it is quite long, and I’m such a big fan of v-necks at the moment.
Note For Editorial Team:
For readers and followers: We have exciting and new products on Dress The Diva. We aim to empower women and allow special, beautiful and brave women share about their stories. Use the coupon code: SARATHEDIVA to get 10% off all orders.