- You're learning to make patchwork quilts, and you need them for class.
- You've done English Paper Piecing, but find the hand cutting too slow.
- You're fed up with cutting so many little pieces by hand - there's got to be an easier way!
You're Not Alone. There is NOTHING more frustrating than having to trace and hand-cut a few hundred pieces one by one - before you even get to sew!
What if having EVERYTHING cut & ready to whizz up on your machine was easier than you think?
Often the hard part is to come up with exactly the right tool, for the right job, at the right price. Of course, there is no doubt that in order to create beautiful quilts, you need to practice.....
But the first step in becoming a prolific quilter is having the right tools.
The Secret of Cutting Efficiently is by Rotary Cutting.
This set contains the three essential things to get you started!
Here's a little bit of insider information...
Having worked for a decade or so behind the scene in the clothing industry, I was formally trained as a Fashion Designer - and later spent 10 years teaching others the joy of patchwork. I like to share insider tricks, and I believe in doing things properly.
- this is the ORIGINAL and still the most popular rotary cutter.
- The circular rotary blades are razor sharp - made from surgical steel, so you cut with minimal effort. No more hand fatigue or strains!
- Straight, durable handle designed for both right and left-handed use - perfect for everyone!
- A handy blade cover for safety so your hands and fabrics are protected.
Together with a Self-Healing Mat & Rotary Cutting Ruler...
....you can master the most efficient method in cutting fabric....
....just like cutting a pizza - quickly, safely and accurately EVERY TIME!
1/2" grid with 1/8" marks for precise alignment as well as 45° and 60° guides.
- The green/black mats are reversible with grid markings on each side.
- Cutting mats also have lines for cutting diagonals
Protect your tabletop from sharp blades, writing instruments and other art and craft tools.
Double sided for double the lifetime - with grid lines in inches clearly marked on one side and cm on the reverse side - it's like getting TWO mats with the price of ONE.
- Protect your work surface, your blades, AND your hands: there is enough "give" in the mat to minimize hand fatigue. Who says "no pain, no gain" anyway...?
With a bit of common sense and care, your cutting mat will last for years!
Spin a fun yarn with these Square Patchwork Ruler, the essentials for quilting, haberdashery, textiles and more.
Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the aim should always be to have quality over cast-offs.
- To measure and tempered to perfection, you have given the opportunity to create beautiful works, venture towards new perspectives and make the latest and greatest in hand-made couture.
- Add simple bare necessities to your studio and evade the disaster of tumbling around the workstation!
- Use it for squaring up blocks - so your quilt top will be a breeze to whizz together!
- The compact size is perfect for beginners just learning to rotary cut.
- Just like the cutter, this ruler is designed for right-and left-handed use.... even noticed how lefties are very creative? We've got everyone covered.
Rotary Cutter changed the quilting and sewing world by replacing the old time-consuming method of patchwork, which goes something like this:
- Make template by tracing off books or magazines onto cardboard or plastic
- Hand cut templates out carefully with scissors
- Place template on fabric, trace around them
- Cut out Each piece with scissors by hand
When you use the method above, you will get sore hands. And when you go to sew the pieces, you will find:
- The pieces are not always identical in size, and may not fit together 100%
- By the time you've sewn quilt blocks using these pieces, your blocks end up different sizes
- Now, your blocks don't go together, you need to "fudge" and make them fit. Not fun...
- Worst of all: your quilt top is now all wobbly and bubbly, the seams are not straight anymore!
Because of the easing & stretching you've had to do, all caused by very small size variation in the pieces you've cut by hand.
You see, a fraction of extra pencil line here and there on EACH little piece eventually add up to quite a bit, which contribute to all your blocks being different sizes...
Which means you either need to ease & stretch to make the blocks fit together.....
This causes some excess fabrics or tight spots on your finished quilt top, and that's where your problem begins... just try quilting one of these tops!
So, What's a Quilter to Do?
Get some Rotary Cutting gear and Experience the Difference for yourself...!
What this method does is simply eliminating the need to mark and cut individual patches of fabric.
By placing your fabric (pressed for best results) on the cutting mat, and the ruler gets placed on the fabric where you would like to make the cut, then using the edge of the ruler as a guide, run the rotary cutter along it with firm, even pressure.
This method speeds up the cutting process considerably. By allowing multiple layers of fabric to be cut at once (up to 6 layers, but I mostly do 4).... you can really save time! Once you've got the knack of squaring up, you can be certain that all your pieces will be identical.... that means your quilt will turn out looking professional, and you will really enjoy sewing the blocks together!
You will end up getting more quilts done, completely stress-free..... everyone will ask you to make them a quilt... and guess what?! Now you CAN...!!
What else is it good for....?
- Trimming photos for scrapbooking - getting your wedding album done has never been easier!
- Speedy Christmas wrapping - simply cut what you need from a roll.... another fiddly chore made simple for you so you have more time to enjoy the holidays.
- Great system for preparing artwork for picture framing. Perfect square corners every time!
- The mat makes a useful permanent fixture on your desk. The "give" provides a perfect surface for drawing, writing and tracing. Save some hand strain, prevent scratched table top and get better results all in one go.
- Cuts through 6 layers at once
- Dual-action safety lock
- Ergonomic handle for comfortable cutting; blade moves to opposite side for left-handed use
- Includes and uses a tungsten steel 45mm rotary blade (RB-45)
- Also fits pinking (PIB-45), scallop/peak (SCB-45) and wave (WAB-45) blades for decorative edging
- ☺ NO WOBBLES - Do not worry! Blades Will Fit Perfect with Your Cutter and Will Not Wobbles while you Cut, this 45mm Replacement Blade set is compatible with All 45mm Rotary Cutters, Including - Fiskars, Olfa, Clover, Dafa, Martelli, and Trucut.
- ☺ CAUTION EXTREMELY SHARP - At Prices Almost Half of the Expensive Blades in the Quilt Shop, Our Customers are Often Surprised How Sharp Our Blades Are, Don’t Believe? Read the Reviews.
- ☺ ALL PURPOSE & LONG LASTING BLADES - Our Blades Are Perfect for Cutting Multiple Layers of Fabric, Paper, Felt, and Vinyl. They Come Pre-Lubricated to Prevent Rusting and Dulling of Blades.
- ☺SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Don't take our word for it, use Our Rotary Cutter Blade are awesome!
Grab yours now and you can experience:
- Precision cutting like a pro - Done Quickly & Easily.
- Save Time and Get your project done - already!
- Do it Right in the first place - so you can Avoid headaches :-)
- A sense of achievement, because you've solved your own problem.
- No more frustration - just your finished project and satisfaction!
- Be proud and tell everyone: "I made this!"
Visit our SHOP for MORE AMAZING ITEMS AVAILABLE!